Port St Lucie Gutter Cleaning and Unclogging
Properly working rain gutters play a huge role in the protection of your home from the destructive nature of water. If gutters are not cleaned regularly they may begin collecting material like leaves and twigs, particularly at the entering or exiting points. The debris will then disrupt the normal water flow and cause a buildup of water, which in turn will trap more debris. This creates a clogged gutter and can lead to various problems like water damage to the walls, ceilings, and foundation of your residential or commercial building. Therefore, it’s a good idea to inspect your gutters frequently and, if you notice any signs of clogging, it may be time to call a local professional cleaning team.
If you live in Port St. Lucie or are from the Treasure Coast area, get your FREE quote today by calling us or filling out the form!
Signs That You May Have Clogged Gutters
Clogged gutters could cause serious damage to your home, so it’s important to know when something’s wrong with them. Here is a list of the most common signs that your gutters could need attention:
• The presence of bugs or animals: If you start to notice increased activity from outside creatures such as snakes, squirrels, birds or mice near your gutters, it could be exposing the faults in your gutter system. Animals frequently use the debris from clogged gutters to form their nests.
• An overflow of water: Rain water flowing out of the gutters through the sides could indicate clogged gutters. This overflow could lead to water damages if left unattended.
• Sagging gutters: Enough buildup of debris can add significant weight to your gutters, causing them to bend and sit lower than originally intended. A deformation like this could compromise the functionality of your gutter system, possibly making it unable to carry water away from your house.
• The growth of plants: Dirt and seeds can both appear in your gutters. If you see plants popping up in there, it’s very likely that your gutters are clogged.
• Gutters left uncleaned for a while: If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned your gutters, there is a high chance that they are clogged and need cleaning. Make sure to clean your gutters frequently, such as 3-4 times a year, to keep them from clogging and damaging your property.
The Damages That Can Occur
Even though they may seem harmless at first, unattended gutters can create significant problems and may end up costing you a pretty penny. Here is what you are preventing when you get them cleaned:
• Foundation damage: Gutters are meant to keep rain water away from your roof and away from your foundation. However, if they are clogged, water will accumulate near the foundation and cause imperfections within. At best, it’ll cause a buildup of mold in your foundation and at worst, it’ll cause your foundation to collapse.
• Fascia board damage: The gutter system are supported by wooden fascia boards, which will naturally rot away from constant water overflow. This will hurt the gutter system while damaging your house in the process.
• Landscape damage: Water spilling from the sides of clogged gutters could land on flowers or other plants surrounding the home. Similarly, it can cause soil erosion, furthering the landscape damage.
• Mold: Constant moisture contact with different parts of your home such as walls and ceilings can cause an infestation of mold on your property, which can turn into a major health risk if left uncleaned long enough.
• Ruined aesthetics: The outside paint of your house could start to peel off due to the frequent pressure of water splashing against the walls. Likewise, it could leave unwanted stains and marks on your home.
Why You Should Use Our Gutter Cleaning Service
Having clean and working gutters is vital to maintaining a safe and fully-functional home, but cleaning gutters isn’t the most exciting activity, nor is it easy to do for the average person.
Gutters are relatively high up, and require a ladder to even approach, let alone clean properly. Unfortunately, there are thousands of accidents a year caused by ladder falling incidents so it’s best if most people avoid this.
Additionally, gutter cleaning requires a working hose that’s powerful enough to clean the debris out from them, which isn’t easily accessible. Cleaning your gutters yourself takes serious effort and preparation.
However, our professional team at Treasure Coast Window Cleaners is here to bring you top-notch service for an affordable price. We will ensure the efficiency of your gutters and you won’t have to worry about any possible damages that could occur to your home from clogged gutters, while saving you plenty of time and sparing you the risks and troubles of the DIY work, since you don’t have to do anything yourself. We’re able to make your life more enjoyable by improving your property’s look and functionality. Give us a call or fill out the form to get in contact with us!